Tuesday 15 January 2013

The Perks of Being a Wallflower.

I've recently taken up reading, well, in the past year I have and I've really enjoyed the experience, so far...

My latest read was The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky. And wow! What a fantastic read. I can't quite describe it but I'm going to give it a go. It's kind of simplistic yet very clever writing. The story is in a series of letters, at first I found it quite difficult to follow, because of the structure, but once I let go and just kept reading it was just incredible! It's a wonderful story about coming of age, I read part of the book before the film, the film came out around my birthday so I did go to see it, the film was directed and written by the author, the film didn't reuin the book for me, if anything it made me want to finish the book, and I'm glad I did. I cried and laughed through out the book, it is a very enjoyable read and I would recommend this to anybody who is having personal struggles (or not).

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing what you have to say...